In order to raise money, you have to be creative and you have to be creative in order to raise money! lol Crystal approached me earlier this year about doing this marathon with her. Of course my first thoughts were "Are you crazy?", but with time and her persistancy, I finally said YES and jumped on the bandwagon. lol I knew that it was going to be some work raising money because the goal is my highest goal ever to raise money, but I didn't realize how MUCH work it would take me into raising this amount. Well, we started talking fundraisers and one of the things we came up with was having an event at Pearl Bar. Crystal had been there before and knew it was a popular place...that it definitely was. OMG...I'm definitely not one for crowds anymore. Anyways, we met with the manager back in May and with much work and going back and forth with them, we got it all set up. So this past Saturday, June 26, we had our first big fundraiser with Pearl Bar. We sold 2 drink tickets for $10 and was lucky enough to have Bud Light and Tito's Vodka donate. There were a few little hiccups along the way, but for the most part, I'm glad we did it. Oh and by the way...if you're looking to raise money, seriously...hitting up the drunks is the way to go! lol J/K But seriously, that's where you'll make some money. This was by far a great learning experience and I couldn't thank the girls that helped us out enough. We recruited 3 girls from our marathon group. They are beautiful and outgoing. They did an awesome job. Without them, I KNOW we wouldn't have made as much. They worked so hard all night long.
Our success made us about $2,100. I have already raised $845 on my own so with my share from this fundraiser, I should have about $$1,445 raised. That leaves me a total of $2,055 to still raise. But I believe that God will give me favor in this situation and it will all come!
Thank you again to all who came out and supported us. Couldn't have made the money without you guys either. Love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment