Thursday, March 4, 2010

Walking for Mamaw

Well, I've decided to do something amazing this year. That is to run a marathon. Most of you know, I'm not athletic, a little on the chunky side and have never ran a marathon in my life. A good friend encouraged me to do this and my first thoughts were, "is she crazy and why does she have faith I can do this cause I can't", but she was persistent about it and her faith in me gave myself faith. Selfishly, I'm doing the marathon for myself, but I'm not totally a selfish person so running a marathon and raising money for a charity gets me pumped. I'm so excited I've decided to be apart of this. I'll be running 13.1 miles in October (remind you, I can't even run a full 1 mile yet), in San Francisco for Team in Training. They raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'M GOING TO DO IT :)

Since I've decided to do that marathon, I've been encouraged to do a few more things. My first step to the big marathon will be the Arthritis Walk here in Houston on May 22. My mamaw was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis years ago (I feel like she's had it as long as I've been alive). So I'm dedicating this walk to her. She lives in pain everyday and has crippled fingers and many more effects from the arthritis. In order to do the walk, we must raise a minimum of $100. I need help doing so and of course...anything raised over that will just tickle my pickle (I just made that up hehe).

Here is the website to my personal webpage for the Arthritis Walk. http://bayareaarthritiswalk.kintera.org/bhamilton I would greatly appreciate any support you can give. And if you can't support monetarily, then join me! Walk with me! It will be fun. Raising money for charities is definitely a heart throbber.

No comments:

Post a Comment