Monday, August 30, 2010

One of the best feelings ever...

When I first started training for the half-marathon, 13.1 miles was a far distant thing in my head. I honestly didn't "KNOW" if I could do it but I was going to take 1 mile at a time and see how far my body and mind would allow me to go. This past Saturday August 28, 2010 was a life changing moment and one of the best memories that I'll never forget. I can now say that I have accomplished a distance of 10 MILES!!! Can you believe it?! I don't even know I can still believe it yet but I DID IT. I started feeling really good on the way back and actually got a little pep in my step and started to run a little bit more than I normally do. It felt good. And the route we took was so much nicer this time than we are use to. This time we had beautiful homes and the galleria area to look at. That helped! lol Plus, running through some sprinklers helped a little too. There was one point where I was hoping that someone that I knew would drive past me, only while I was running though (lol) and honk and cheer me on. So when I have to do 12 miles before the big race, I'm going to make sure everyone I know has a map of my route! I expect SOMEONE to come cheer me on to get me through those long distances. lol Just kidding. BUT, it would be nice ;) Hint hint. I do have to say though, the last 2 miles were pretty hard because my body was starting to wear down and was hurting pretty bad. I've been having a hip issue since I started the training and now it's affecting my foot. BUT, I won't let it get me down. I WILL FINISH!!! I've come this far to not give up now.

Another exciting piece of news I'd like to share with everyone. I MADE MY FUNDRAISING GOAL. Woohoo Well, I couldn't have made it without all of you. Your help, your donations, you're encouragement, etc. I seriously can't tell each of you thank you enough because without all of that, I couldn't have even came close to where I am now. So thank you guys! God does say "I will bless those who bless you..." Genesis 12:3. So I believe and I pray for those who have blessed me, that you may be blessed seven more times than I was. God is good and he LOVES loving and blessing people.

Like I said, 13.1 miles was a far distant thing in my head. It was hard to imagine that I could finally one day get this close to finishing a half-marathon and to have raised $3,500.00 as well. Those are both very big numbers for me. And this is one selfless thing I'm doing FOR SURE. Cause if I wanted to be selfish or STAY selfish, I wouldn't be training for this and have raised money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. So it feels good to say that I'm doing this for SOMEONE ELSE. I found a scripture to help me out a little bit. "Don't get tired of helping others. You will be rewarded when the time is right, if you don't give up." Galatians 6:9

I wish I had some pictures to post of my new excitement but I haven't taken any. When I get up to do the distances on Saturday mornings, I'm waking up at 4:30 a.m. so I'm not thinking about taking pictures. lol Hope I can start taking some soon so I can keep you guys from getting bored. lol

4 comments:

  1. It is a good thing you have done, writing it down. You already know how elated I am for you and the LLS to have you partnering with them. Anyone who didn't get an opportunity to help you meet your financial goal will be able to next year. You are a good example of pushing through those "barriers" to get to the next level of any goal. Everybody's path looks different. You are a leader, an achiever and pretty too. :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so proud of you! You have accomplished a lot physically, but also mentally, and emotionally too. This experience will be something you'll never forget. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you and what you have already accomplished. Keep your eye on the goal and you will make it.

    ReplyDelete